This weekend celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 14 when Commander Alan Shepard hit arguably one of the most spectacular golf shots of all time…on the moon!
A truly out-of-this-world shot!
To get you involved at home, we have launched a really special #AOPApolloChallenge!
We want you to follow in Shepard’s steps and get ‘putting’ for Apollo 14, just like we have.
You can use household items or whatever you can find in your back garden, the more creative the better and the more space themed the better too, from moon walks to astronaut outfits!
The two most spectacular hole-in-ones will win a family pass to AOP for when we are back open and some space goodies from our gift shop on arrival.
All you have to do is record your attempts and upload your videos to Facebook, tag @armaghplanet and use the hashtag #AOPApolloChallenge so we can see.
Don’t forget to nominate your friends and family to do the same!
*Competition terms and conditions.
Term’s and Conditions (to be uploaded to the AOP website)
- Entries must be shared by a responsible adult over 18.
- Employees of Armagh Observatory and Planetarium, (AOP), and their immediate families, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to win the prize.
- Closing date for receipt of all entries is Sunday 28th February.
- There will be two prize draws on date specified above for the most creative entries that will be selected by AOP and AOP representatives (‘the Panel’).
- The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and select two winners who will be notified by Facebook Messenger no later than 7th March 2021.
- All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
- Prize is as specified within the Terms and Conditions: A family pass to AOP when it is safe for the centre to open and when they wish to do so. The winners will also receive some specially selected space themed gifts from the AOP gift shop that will be posted out. All dates are subject to availability. Transport is the winner’s own responsibility, as is any item, service, or cost not expressly stated to be included in the prize including travel insurance.
- Prize to be taken as stated. There is no cash or other alternative to the stated prize, in whole or in part.
- The prize must be redeemed within 12 months.
- The prize is non-transferable to another person put forward by the winner.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or competition.
- The Promoter, and all partners and prize providers, and their respective affiliates, agents, successors, employees, officers, directors and assigns are not responsible if any portion of the prize cannot be awarded or used due circumstances beyond the Promoter and any prize provider’s reasonable control,
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any claims arising from winners taking a prize or attending a venue, however they may arise.
- AOP will not in any circumstances be responsible for or liable to the winner or accept any liability (of whatever nature and howsoever arising) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring directly, indirectly, or in connection with taking up the prize provided by the Provider, or as a result of the Provider not delivering the prize offered, except where it is caused by the negligence of AOP or that of their employees.
- The decision of the promoter is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Please direct any queries regarding this competition to firstname.lastname@example.org
Armagh Observatory and Planetarium, College Hill, Armagh, BT61 9DB, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland